Saturday, April 28, 2018

DHCP unable to give IP address to Ubuntu virtual machine after switching physical locations

I have recently move and now my virtual machines are not able to get IP addresses consistently (it fails a majority of the time). I have not change any settings my vm configurations.

My VM is set up on virtualbox with ubuntu server 16.04 LTS. I am using a bridge network. On ifconfig, the interface does not show the inet address. I have try creating a fresh new install of ubuntu server to no avail.

I have try to change MAC address but was still unable to get an IP address. After some digging around. If I manually add an IP address, then I am able to connect to the internet, but on reboot it would fail again. I have recently purchase a new laptop and it works fine on my laptop.

Luckily, for some reason today, it start to work and my VM's are now able to get an IP address.

I am afraid to shutdown my computer and risk it not working again. Does anyone have any clue what is going on?



No comments:

Post a Comment