Thursday, April 26, 2018

AWS MPLS vs MPLS -> Direct Connect

Just wondering if anyone is currently utilizing a MPLS connection directly into AWS? We are developing a new product that is going to be located in the Virginia Region (primary) and the Oregon Region (backup).

Our business partner is going to basically be the PE and we are going to be the CE. They do not want to do AWS Direct Connect because apparently it is too hard for them, they would rather do MPLS.

We have a primary data center on east coast and a backup (DR) in midwest. We were going to take in the MPLS into both data centers and on the back end have 4 Direct Connects (one into each region from each data center). I would then just route traffic back into MPLS to complete the connection.

Then my VP was wondering if we could just do MPLS directly into AWS and just bypass the Direct Connect entirely. I imagine we would just have VPC that goes into either a CSR1000v or a vSRX. I have not done this before so curious to see if anyone else has. I know AWS does it because I have a few PDFs but looking for people who are actually doing this in prod.



No comments:

Post a Comment