Friday, March 30, 2018

VLAN Question

I'll start off saying I'm new VLANing. I have a SonicWall TZ400 and an HP OfficeConnect 1920S. I have VLAN ID 3 configured on SonicWall X0:V3 and VLAN ID 3 configured for POS system on the switch. I have Port 5 on the switch that will be the end user device (DHCP preferably). On the Switch:

I currently have Port 5 (End user) configured to include and tag VLAN ID 3. I also have VLAN ID 1 exclude and untagged.

I have Port configured as a trunk (TRK1) on the switch which plugs into X0 on the SonicWall. TRK1 is currently untagged and include in VLAN 1 & 3.

My goal is to have Port 5 (POS end user) go out to the internet without any communication to the rest of the network with VLAN 3.

As I said I am very new VLAN and still learning, I am sorry if I seem confused at first and have questions.

Thank you for your help in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment