Friday, March 30, 2018

Port Security

Ok, so to preface this question, I am new to networking. I understand the basics and am working towards my CCNA, but I definitely have to consult Google every single day still. I tried googling this question, and asking my coworkers, but no one had an answer.

So I'm bringing a new VoIP phone online for a customer. We use port security and sticky MAC-addresses for the network, so I SSH into the switch to clear the port and make sure the interface has the right vlans. However, I can't clear port security. I type in clear port-sec ? and it only shows dynamic as the next choice. Normally, I type clear port-sec sticky interface interface. But all, configured, and sticky don't show up as logical next steps when I use the ?. Ultimately I just removed the configuration for port security and added it back, but I was curious as to why clear port-sec sticky wouldn't work.



No comments:

Post a Comment