Thursday, March 8, 2018

SonicWALL trying to exclude IP range from Block.

So what's going on is I've been trying to exclude a range of IP addresses from a block under APP control. I have SIG ID's 5, 7, 63, and 66 that need to be unblocked for a user who needs to stream to YouTube for promotional purposes during events.

I enable the block and exclude the IP-ADD range group object. From all SID's I listed above and it won't work. His devices are within this range and I've set him statically by MAC on our DHCP to get reserved IP addresses in that range.

When I disable blocking for all on these SID's he's able to stream. When I disable blocking for ALL except his range it still blocks him.

How is it that it's happy to block him when he's excluded in the allow, but not happy to allow him when he's excluded from the block.



No comments:

Post a Comment