Thursday, March 8, 2018

L2TP / IPSEC NAT-T: Troubleshooting

Hi guys,

I'd like to know your steps or even fix from you to a problem that doesn't belong to me just my co-worker and I wanna help him but I don't know solution, either.

My co-worker made L2TP / IPSEC server with NAT-T (basically allowing port 4500 UDP) at company A. When a person from company B connects to company A through VPN, it's good. When a second person from company B connects to company A through VPN it lasts only for a while and then a second connected user kicks the first connected user. Only one connection can last. So we connected too and we could be there. We weren't connected from company B but from another location.

From the description you can see one thing. Two people from company B have the same public IP (NAT) so it's the problem. I'm asking... why? The same IP shouldn't be a problem because we have ports. Could be problem on their firewall or on the server side?

How I told you. The first user can be here as long as others connect from the same company.

Please, consider everything.

Thank you :)

EDIT: Server made on a MikroTik router. It seems like issue associated with the brand.



No comments:

Post a Comment