Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Question about TCP, does it work differently between VLANS/Subnets?

Hello all,

I have an interesting issue that I would like some assistance with. We have a printer on that was wireless that communicates to the intranet server in order to print. The Intranet server is on a different VLAN and subnet. We noticed that if you send so many jobs to that printers, lets say 100 only 21 would come out.

I took wireshark and captured the communication between that printer and the intranet server and found that there was alot of TCP Window Full messages from the intranet server to the wireless printer.

We then put it on a wired LAN on a different VLAN and subnet and everything seems to be working and I am seeing TCP Keep Alive messages so I know the connection is still present and it continues to print out as it should. I printed out 100 and got 100 out.

My question is, why is the TCP process totally different and why is the intranet server no longer stating that the TCP Window is full when the window size did not change from when it was not working to when it was?

More information can be provided if needed.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment