Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Cisco XRv 9000 tagged port

Hello reddit!

My google skills are failing me on this one. I have to create a trunk port between the Cisco IOS XRv and a Juniper MX80, but what I found out is that XRv actually does not support data-plane L2VPNs (yet) and consequently cannot form trunk switch ports.

A quick description of problem/status:

For a project we are evaluating the Cisco IOS XRv 9000. We have the 6.2.25 version. I installed the VM on Centos 7 Host (running on HP DL20 G9 server). I have created bridges which controls individual host Ethernet ports. Then I create a NIC in VMM using network source: Bridge <bridge name>: host device eth1. Using this configuration I gained connectivity from host to guest VM (Cisco XRv) and also from Cisco XRv to the LAN (including the host). Of course I added the IP address on the server port and on XRv port.

The port is now directly connected to an access switch and from there gives me WAN access. Next step was/is to create something similar to the diagram from this picture and here things start to complicate:

Connection-Diagram

So in short the VLAN 100 will be my VLAN through which I can have WAN connectivity. Juniper has already configured uplink port for WAN access and trunk port on eth1. Over the same link additional VLANS are planned, but are not yet defined.

Since I cannot configure the XRv for L2 services (I can configure it, but as I said, data-plane is not working), my plan here was to give the eth1 interface on XRv two or more addresses from different LANs (depending on needs) and configure trunk interface only between Host and Juniper MX. Or to add additional vNIC to XRv and then bridge them to the correct trunk interface.

What I am missing / lacking is how to configure the split between host ports and VM ports. Or if this solution would even work? I have found this tutorial:

kvm-brctl-in-linux

Can someone confirm this solution to work with XRv? I think this is for CentOS 6, is there a similar procedure for CentOS 7?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment