Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Listing of Circuit ID formats to providers?

Does anybody around here have a listing of CID format mapping to the provider it comes from? I'm dealing with a private circuit from Rectums (sorry, Spectrum / former TWC area) that comes from them at one end, but they do not service the remote end. They call these "Type 2" circuits, and they normally seem to contract to GTT to handle everything past some midpoint.

Since I'm not customer of record with GTT, I have no standing to call GTT directly and ask for circuit details. Spectrum does often have a Circuit ID that comes from GTT's end though, so this corresponds to whoever the last-mile carrier is (be it a telco LEC or some other local ISP). I'm often trying to turn these circuits up using a remote-hands contractor, so the more detail I can give them about what equipment they should physically connect to, the more smoothly the process goes.

I'm just wondering if anybody has a list of circuit ID formats and what providers they tend to correspond to. For example, I've found that Spectrum in my area uses periods as separators, and ends everything with "..TWCC". I have Comcast private circuits in other locations, and those are also period-separated and end in "..CBCL.." (with double-dots on both sides). I know that ATT seems to enjoy using slashes instead of periods as separators, but I'm not sure why, and I think I've seen circuits with dots from them as well.

The particular pair of sites I'm trying to deal with today (Spectrum via GTT via ???) are dot-separated, and are both "##.KEGS.######..CV". I've never seen a circuit ending in "CV" so I'm not sure who might be carrying these at the end. If it had been "CL" I would think CenturyLink, but I'm at a loss with "CV." These circuits are both ending in VA, one near Mechanicsville and the other near Chesapeake, if that helps at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment