Monday, March 19, 2018

Basic CSR 1000v Spec Question

I've never worked with CSR 1000v before and I've just got a basic question in terms of specs. I see that the device is licensed by throughput level and feature set. Since this is a virtual device with its actual potential performance based off of RAM/CPU availability, should I expect degraded performance when running certain types of traffic, encryption, NAT, etc.? Or to put it more directly:

If I license a CSR 1000v for 500mbps with Security feature set, should I expect real-world 500mbps IPSec throughput, since the "physical" limitation of the device is significantly higher than 500mbps (assuming I allocate appropriate RAM/CPU)?

I've been trying to dig around for actual real-world numbers, similar to these studies for the physical ISRs, but have not been able to find much useful info on this subject regarding CSR 1000v in particular:

ISR G2 Performance Overview
ISR 4000 Series Performance Overview

Any info is appreciated, even anecdotal. Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some insight!



No comments:

Post a Comment