Friday, February 23, 2018

Having weird issues with Angry IP Scanner.

Hello, I really did not know where to turn with this issue/question. I was looking at subreddits and thought this was my best shot.

So, when scanning on Angry IP, at first I am able to do the default scan normally, scanning only ping, ports and hostname. At first it works just like it should, atleast to my eyes.

But as soon as I add web detect to the scan, it stops working. By that I mean: ports, web detect, ping, EVERYTHING but hostname, is n/a. (In the same IP Range, right after my first scan). And it says all hosts are dead. After Ive once scanned with web detect, even the normal scan fails.

Is this some kind of a security protocol on the network? If I try to do a web detect scan it blocks me totally? Or is it just the Angry IP itself messing up? Sorry if this is a nobrainer here, but I seriously do not know whats going on.

Edit after 15mins: I managed to do a scan with the web detect on on a different network/whatever it is, it shows a few hosts alive, and one with ports. But still not what I think its supposed to look like.

Thank you for answers if I get any!

Ill be very pissed if my post gets "removed", as it took me nearly a hour to write all this.



No comments:

Post a Comment