Thursday, February 22, 2018

Connecting two buildings 900 ft away from eachother

Hey, I have a house and a barn(which has an apartment in it) that are about 900ft away from eachother. I talked to my service provider about dropping a second line but they said they wouldnt service my barn because it was too far away.

So my plan was to just share my internet with the barn apartment. I have 250mbps so it shouldnt be an issue to add 1 more computer. Now I am having trouble coming up with how to send the signal 900 ft. I'd like to not spend too much money but I want it done right and hopefully have it last long.

I have 1500ft of cat5e cable laying around I have power sources at both ends I live in the SE US so lightning is a large concern for me/

Any suggestions on how to bridge these too buildings?



No comments:

Post a Comment