Wednesday, January 24, 2018

VLAN Looping, not sure why

I have another post, but I feel as this is a complete separate issue.

This Is my network structure + the ports they connect to.

Starting from the cisco router(rv320), port 4 goes to Camera NVR. Port 4 is setup untagged to go to vlan 30 and it's tagged at port 2 (which is untagged for vlan1). The NVR has a static IP of 192.168.30.xxx and the link is live and works, however my windows 2012 r2 server is not assigning that IP for some reason. In my server I created a new scope, 192.168.30.0 that points to router 192.168.30.1. So this is problem 1, why isn't my static IP being assigned a lease in my server?

Going forward, cisco router from port 2 goes to my cisco switch, sg300-28pp, that switch setup is the following; Vlan 1- Forbidden on port 1, tagged port 2, untagged 3-28. Vlan 30- forbidden port 1, untagged port 2, tagged 3-28. Shouldn't this mean, anything connected to port 2 will automatically be on vlan 30?

Going forward, HP switch is setup for vlan 30, ip address 192.168.30.1 with tagged port 26

The new cisco switch I put in for the cameras is setup to boot on vlan 30, however, it's not being assigned an IP so I cannot access it.. And this is where it gets confusing... If I ping an ip that is not assigned on vlan 1, it comes back destination host unreachable. If I ping an ip not assigned on vlan 30, it comes back TTL expired in transit. When I tracert the same ip on vlan 1, it comes back again, unreachable. When I tracert the same ip on vlan 30, it loops between the hp switch and the cisco router...

I'm 100% completely out of ideas on how to fix this... If anyone has any input it'd be greatly appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment