Thursday, January 25, 2018

Trouble connecting Cisco 1933 routers to Aruba 2930F

I have a client that has two Cisco 1933 routers, managed by a 3rd party vendor, that a currently connected to an old cisco switch that we are trying to replace with an Aruba 2930F. I have no access to the Cisco routers and am dependent on the 3rd party vendor to provide me with their configuration.

Currently, the routers are connected via GE0/0 to ports 47 and 48 on the existing switch which are configured as trunk ports. They are able to SSH into the first router over the WAN and then connect to the second across the trunk. When I plug it into the ports on the new 2930F switch they are unable to communicate between the two routers.

I've configured ports 47 & 48 on the new switch to Vlan 1 (untagged) and Vlan's 75 & 100 tagged. Encapsulation has been confirmed as 802.1Q. The routers GE0/0 interfaces are on the same subnet.

For troubleshooting, if I plug the 1933's into a dumb unmanaged switch they can communicate but when I connect to the 2930F they can't. This confirms to me that there is a layer 2 issue.

This is the configuration information I've been given by the 3rd party vendor(device names and IP's changed):

Current configuration : 117 bytes ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description trunk port no ip address no ip redirects duplex auto speed auto end Router1 #sh run int GigabitEthernet0/0.75 Building configuration... Current configuration : 308 bytes ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0.75 description Management VLAN encapsulation dot1Q 75 ip address ###.###.###.### 255.255.255.224 no ip redirects ip nat inside no ip virtual-reassembly in end Router1# ============================================================================== Router2#sh run int GigabitEthernet0/0 Building configuration... Current configuration : 117 bytes ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description trunk port no ip address no ip redirects duplex auto speed auto end Router2#sh run int GigabitEthernet0/0.75 Building configuration... Current configuration : 308 bytes ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0.75 description Management VLAN encapsulation dot1Q 75 ip address ###.###.###.### 255.255.255.224 no ip redirects ip nat inside no ip virtual-reassembly in end Router2# 

Is there something obvious that I'm missing here? I have very little Cisco experience, I mostly use HP/Aruba gear, however when I read this configuration I can't see why these devices can't communicate.



No comments:

Post a Comment