Thursday, January 11, 2018

Question about my attempt to get bonded VDSL

Hi there,

I've contacted a certain ISP in my area and they said the don't support bonded VDSL (MLPPP) because of their infrastructure (I mentioned I have my own Mikrotik gear that's compatibile). I know for a fact that they use PPPoE, just like most if not all ISPs in my country. However, they use the infrastructure owned by another provider (I'm using this one at the moment -- they also doesn't support MLPPP).

Do they really not support MLPPP though? As far as I know it's fairly simple to configure. If it's just a bureaucracy issue I can always insist and perhaps try to find someone that works there. The reason I want to switch to this ISP is because they offer a static IP for 10th the price my current ISPs asks for.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment