Tuesday, January 9, 2018

layer 3 connection from nexus in vpc to external switch

I've got a couple of nexus 93180s in a vpc setup. They are acting as the gateway for anything directly connected to them (SVIs setup with HSRP). I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure my connection to the upstream layer 3 switch.

I need to support multicast and as far as I can tell the supported topology would be to create two layer 3 ports (1 per nexus switch) with the upstream switch. I want to avoid running ospf/bgp and keep things simple with just a static route on each on my nexus switches pointing to the upstream switch (ie. the upstream switch will be my default route white I use SVI's on the nexus to handle the "local" routing) and on the upstream switch a single route pointing to my nexus switches for a specific IP range.

My problem is I can't figure out the config. On the Nexus side I'm guessing I can use the exact same config and point to the upstream switch since both switches are more or less independent at the layer 3 level. On the upstream switch though, I can't figure out what to do and from the cisco docs, it seems like I need to create an extra point to point between the nexus switches as well? There never seems to be a sample config in all the examples just a diagram so I'm a bit lost.

Long story long at this point, I think figure 11 (or maybe 14?) on the page below is what I need to do but I'm not understanding how to configure all 3 items involved

http://ift.tt/2CUkdn6



No comments:

Post a Comment