Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Building a network, what to choose Aruba, Juniper or Extreme

Hi, I'm currently on the stage of picking the network equipment for the company. I'm going to overhaul the whole network even placing new fiber and copper between the buildings. I'm going with 10g fiber, the current connections are based on no redundant 1g fiber. I want to also to have iscsi traffic on the network and build a wifi network in the company. I got an offer from juniper for ex4600 for the core and ex3400 for the aggregation and management. As for extreme i got an offer for the x670 G2 and x440 G2. I'm waiting what Aruba will say on their part. As for the Juniper Vs Extreme, Juniper has abandoned their wifi line, Extreme has an license policy that doesn't appeal to me and the CEO. I'm also looking for centralized management because of the staff shortage I have. What are your opinions?



No comments:

Post a Comment