Thursday, January 25, 2018

Just purchased a 5506-X for home

Just as the title says, I bought a firewall. My current home lab consists of the newly added 5506, a 2921 ISR, two C3750Gs, and a Dell R610.

Currently I’ve been running NAT overload on the 2921 with my single, static, public address which then connects to the stacked 3750s which do L3 internal vlan routing, and the hosts/clients connect via wired patch ins to the switches.

My question is, how would I best introduce the 5506 into this equation? I would like for the 2921 to continue performing NAT, otherwise it will have nothing to do. The 5506 was purchased mainly for a hardware accelerated VPN solution but also to play around with towards CCNA security.

I only have one static IP and I’m assuming the 2921 would want to be at the edge if it’s going to perform NAT. If anyone could lead me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment