Saturday, January 20, 2018

IP Camera System Help -2012 r2 server

Hi Guys, I have about an hour and a half to fix this problem before going on a flight to SF for a few days. I'd really hope to fix this problem before I leave as it would leave me more secure leaving my business knowing I can watch from afar.

First things first - My incredibly shitty network structure made by "Professionals". I know it's a mess, but this is a story of it's own. Pic here

The main issue was, the people who set up my server never set up static IPs. So when I connected my new camera system, it used IP's already in use. So I created a new VLAN for the cameras to run from, the NVR and all the cameras on the NVR listened to the vlan rules properly and it works like a dream. However, the camera Switch, instead of pulling IPs from VLAN 30 (New vlan) it's pulling the IP from VLAN 20 (VOIP server) and at the same time, my NVR is not capable of finding the IPs from the VOIP server.

I have the VLAN properly set up in both switches and the cisco router. Tracert and pings are confirming it's setup properly. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out why it's pulling IP leases from my VOIP server. The port it's connected to in the cysco router is pointing to my AD server on vlan30 and my AD server is assigning it IPs from vlan30, but for whatever reason, it's ignoring everything and going directly to vlan20.

It's a cisco rv320 router, a cisco SG300-28PP switch and a hp 2610 switch. Both servers are 2012 r2

Any and all (hopefully quick) input is greatly appreciated

Edit

When pinging the camera from my voip server, it comes back 4/4, when pinging from a computer connected to the AD server, it says it expired in transit



No comments:

Post a Comment