Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Dual ISP's at spokes with HPE Comware 7 ADVPN.

I recently moved jobs from a DMVPN environment to a Comware MPLS ADVPN environment. I have been looking into the idea of adding a secondary connection at all of the spokes and I’m having trouble coming up with the correct way to implement this setup. I've been searching through HP documentation and the one thing that seems consistent with all HP documentation is that it is rarely good. Having combined that with Juniper and Fortinet documentation for ADVPN I’m thinking the idea is to use a separate tunnel per internet connection as well as a separate ADVPN number per tunnel. You would then specify the tunnel to use by changing the OSPF to metrics to favor the primary connection. Has anyone implemented such a configuration or does anyone know if I’m approaching this the wrong way.



No comments:

Post a Comment