Saturday, January 27, 2018

Can someone explain what the Fa0 interface on a Cisco switch is?

I just started at a new company and I'm trying to get a feel for the (poorly) documented environment here. I'm a CCNA studying for my CCNP, so . . . I know enough to get myself in trouble.

Running show cdp nei command on a switch gives this output, and I'm confused about what the Fa0 interface is. Because I'm damn sure this switch isn't connected to those other switches.

IDF2-AS-2-new#show cdp nei Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone, D - Remote, C - CVTA, M - Two-port Mac Relay Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID MDF-DS-1.company.blob Fas 0 126 S I WS-C2960X Fas 0 MDF-DS-2.company.blob Fas 0 174 S I WS-C2960X Fas 0 IDF2-AS-2.company.blob Fas 0 139 S I WS-C2960X Fas 0 IDF2-AS-1.company.blob Fas 0 125 S I WS-C2960X Fas 0 Total cdp entries displayed : 4 

Can someone explain to me exactly what this means? Google hasn't been any help so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment