Thursday, January 18, 2018

Broken switch. Can anyone repair?

I have an HP 2920-24G POE+ switch from Amazon and I think it may have taken a power surge. HP will not honor the warranty since it was bought from Amazon. Amazon only offers a 30 day warranty. (inb4 should have bought from authorized reseller blah blah blah) I attached a video showing what it does. https://youtu.be/JY-y-7ql59c

So I am stuck with this ~$1200 switch that doesn't work. I believe it is failing on the self test.

This is crash info from the console. System went down: 01/01/90 00:04:19 Saved crash information: Software exception at arenal_chassis_slot_sm.c:3597 -- in 'eChassMgr', task I0 -> Slave (1-24) crashed. Debug slave, NOT master.

When it reboot it shows this. SPldFC done. BR I01

I have done an erase startup-config command to get it back to factory.

Is it fixable? Is there somewhere I can send this to get fixed? Any help is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment