Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Update on P2P Wireless with Ubiquiti NSL

A few weeks ago I posted on this networking subreddit asking about some clarification about a Cisco Wireless P2P solution. It was needed to provide "at least 40 Mbps" to a couple of construction trailers that sit about 550 feet from our hospital. After I suggested using a Ubiquiti solution, I was told no, get a Cisco solution, hence the original post. Well you nice folks on reddit convinced me not to give up on the Ubiquiti solution, so I didn't. I was able to order some NanoStation Loco M5's. The PoE converters worked excellently on our end.

These things never cease to impress me:

http://ift.tt/2B7TulU

This is only about 550 feet away. They are getting 85 Mbps and the construction workers are amazed that "those damn little things" are providing them with such a good connection. So THANKS everyone for the recommendations. Ubiquiti has won the day and is working OUTSTANDING!

Oh, and here's the line of sight from the shipping/receiving roof of our hospital:

http://ift.tt/2AeRUP8

You can see the trailers across the parking lot. The "Station" AP is mounted on the top right of the trailer.



No comments:

Post a Comment