Wednesday, December 6, 2017

IIS and Apache Interference? Port 80 and 8000 issues for localhost on Windows Server 2012

Hi,

I'm using Windows Server 2012.

I used localhost for testing something on port 80, and it worked. Then, I installed Active Directory and the DNS, and stuff went wrong. I configured Apache server for port 8000, and that works fine as well. I then changed the forward lookup zone on my DNS to something else in place of the localhost to "MySite.edu" and that works fine. The only issue now is, I can't access localhost:80 anymore. Is this normal when I change the name from localhost to MySite.edu? I thought I would be able to type either name and they'd reference the same index.html page.

Thanks for any help!

TLDR; Does configuring a domain controller (ex: myname.local) replace localhost on port 80?



No comments:

Post a Comment