Saturday, December 30, 2017

Quick HPE/Aruba Switch Question....

I bid on/won an “open box/customer return” Aruba 2530-48G switch recently. When it was delivered to my house it ended up being the HPE 2530-48G switch instead. It is/was also sealed and never been opened. My understanding is that when the Aruba “rebranding” occurred, everything internally on the 2530 and possibly other HPE switches remained identical, it just had a new coat of paint/name.

Is this correct? I really don’t want to go through the hassle of returning this HPE 2530-48G for an Aruba 2530-48G if I really don’t have to.

They’re identical from a hardware standpoint? My understanding also is that the HPE switches ran ProVision software, and the Aruba rebranded ones run Aruba OS? So...if I power this HPE 2530-48G up...will it update to Aruba OS?



No comments:

Post a Comment