Thursday, November 16, 2017

Windows 10 VPN DNS Issue

I have a client with a few Windows 10 Laptops that are using a Lt2p VPN on an Ubiquiti ERPro Router. 90% of them work just fine but I have two that refuse to grab the DNS from the VPN. They get the correct IP Address and Gateway but keep using the local DNS. Also as a work around I tried setting the DNS on the NIC to use the DNS for the VPN which did allow me to ping the server that I am trying to access with its DNS name but I still can not get the laptop to access the server through RDP or Windows Explorer. I found some articles relating to setting the connection priority of the VPN to be higher than the Wi-Fi card which I did and still no success. Was just curious if anyone else has had issues with Windows 10 and VPNs that could point me in a new direction to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment