Friday, November 10, 2017

Sophos XG 17- How do I debug and add bypass rules for when https is enabled?

When I enable HTTPS scanning on XG 17, several apps on my iPad / iphone stop working...

  • App Store

  • Reddit

  • Facebook Marketplace

  • Ebay

I have the certificate installed from the router.

I've also tried looking in the firewall logs, and can't see anything being blocked (in fact, I can't see most the traffic even though I'm logging it).

I've tried guessing at to what some of the domains are to create bypass rules, but I can't seem to find any blocked items in the logs to create exclusions.

What's the best way to find what domains or IPs are being blocked to create web exceptions?

For example, I tried adding ones for apple.com and iTunes.com to try to get to apple store but it wasn't enough...

Any pointers would be amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment