Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Cisco Nexus 9K no lacp suspend-individual in VPC

Hello,

I am planning some new gear deployment and I wanted to verify that the provisioning process would work as expected (unfortunatley don't have an extra pair of switches to test it now).

So situation is fairly simple - bunch of 1U servers that will be uplinked to pair of Cisco 9Ks via LACP bond. Add a little twist - I also need to PXE boot them. I know of "no lacp suspend-individual" command that would bring up a port even if there's no LACP received on it.

What I don't know and can't find with the help of Google - how will this command behave in vPC environment? Can it be different on 2 sides of vPC? If yes, I can just use it on 1st switch - if port is not sending LACP then the port will come up on it, while port on 2nd switch will still be disabled. If not - are there any other tricks? Or am I SOL and will have to write some additional automation to change state of ports after the servers are built?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment