Friday, November 10, 2017

Advice on Mellanox IS 5030 36 ports 40 Gbps switch

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I inherited a couple of Mellanox IS 5030 switches. I was able to log into the Web interface and it showed it had no licenses. I also don't see any configuration for VLAN and multicast IGMP support. Those are really the main functions I need. Please help answer the following questions:

1) Are those IS 5030 switches upgradable to support VLAN and multicast? If so, what license(s) do I need and where can I get some licenses right now?

2) Are VLAN and multicast IGMP support configure via the Web interface or CLI only?

3) How do I upgrade the firmware to the latest? Website is not clear on the step by step instruction. Where can I download the latest firmware and upgrade instructions for these switches?

4) Can these switches be upgraded to 56 Gbps?

5) Are these switches fully compatible with latest Mellanox switches?

Thanks for any help in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment