Sunday, December 5, 2021

Ubuntu DHCP relay agent

I need some help in understanding and solving a sample network deployment for a project.

I have to setup a DHCP server via Windows and have it assign addresses to another network with my client machines. I have setup my DHCP server correctly and I am using an Ubuntu box as a router between the two networks.

I have a basic iptables rule to allow communication between the two networks and I am able to ping the DHCP server from the client and vice versa using static addresses.

However if I attempt to use DHCP via ipconfig /renew, it is unable to procure an IP and yields a timeout error.

Examining the the tcpdump on the router, I can see the request come and I see a reply come in on the other interface but nothing happens after that.

My networks are 192.168.3.0/29 and 192.168.3.8/29 respectively



No comments:

Post a Comment