Saturday, December 4, 2021

Need Assistance with Cisco SG350X-MP24 - Access Ports

Hello!

I would first like to mention that I am not a Network Engineer, however I am a System Administrator but I have not played with any Cisco device before.

I acquired a Cisco SG350X-MP24 to be used as an IPMI/iLO/iDRAC and PoE switch. So far I have configured 1 VLAN and made it the IP MGMT interface. This VLAN is both the MGMT VLAN for the switch, and also the VLAN for the IPMI/iLO/iDRAC thus only require 1 VLAN for this switch.

What works:

I have created a Trunk port on te1/0/4 and tagged VLAN 11. I have created an IP interface on this VLAN and I am able to reach the switch and I can reach other devices and services from this switch.

What does not work:

I have assigned a couple of interfaces to be Access ports on VLAN 11. The endpoints on these ports are not accessible and I can not figure out why. I know these endpoints are correctly configured because I have a Juniper EX4200 that I am familiar with that works after I made an identical configuration for this setup. The only reason I switched is because the EX4200 is too loud.

Configuration:

Trunk Port: interface TenGigabitEthernet1/0/4 description "Link from pisw01" switchport mode trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan 11 VLAN Interface: interface vlan 11 name infra_mgmt_11 ip address 10.1.11.3 255.255.255.0 sntp client enable Gateway: ip default-gateway 10.1.11.1 Access Port: interface GigabitEthernet1/0/15 switchport access vlan 11 


No comments:

Post a Comment