Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Cisco IOU images in lab or a proper image?

Hi, I'm about to build an SD-WAN lab in my work and have all the right things in place for it along with the VM running Ubuntu 64bit etc...I'll be using EVE-NG Pro to. The only extra thing I'll be needing are some generic L2 and L3 switches/router images. I have 2 ideas in mind, either download an appropriate image off Cisco's download page (I have pretty much full access to download whatever I want) or use an IOU images for the L2 and L3 "generic" devices I'll need.

So I guess my 2 questions are:

If anybody could recommend a good image to download off Cisco's site for L2 and L3 that fit that purpose, then please do.

Or, use one of Cisco's IOU images which would probably be less resource heavy as well. The only issue is I've not been able to find out how to get ahold of these. I can see on EVE-NG's site that they recommend 4 different types of these images. Could I download these off Cisco's site to? Because I haven't been able to find these anywhere on there, if not then where would be my best bet?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment