Monday, December 6, 2021

10G Connection to Provider not working

I have a 2Gb Layer 2 circuit that I am picking up in a carrier hotel from a Data Center provider in another market. I have elected to have this handed off as a 10G Connection instead of a 2x1G LAG to save on cross-connect costs and to be able to grow this circuit without physical changes in the future.

The issue that I am having is that I can't get the darn thing to come up! I have multiple 10G circuits from other providers and none of the others are having issues. The optics are 10G-LR (10KM) on either side. I have verified that I have light, and the provider has light. I am terminating the Circuit on a Nexus93180-YC FX with 10G-LR optics from FS.com. I have done loopback tests on the optic as well as patched the optic to another optic on a different switch to make sure that it would come up, and the optics checked out, no issue. I also hard-coded speed and duplex, however the Nexus platform does not allow the "no negotiate auto" command at 10GB. I have good light levels from the Provider (-5db) and the provider has the same levels. I have had the Meet-me-room manager clean all cables and bulkheads. The Provider was originally using FS.com optics and has now switched to Cisco Genuine. The PE router is giving a "far-end error" message (I believe this is an ASR 9K Chassis?) They have also changed optics, ports, etc to no avail. To just see if I could get the circuit to come up, I changed the optics on my side and the PE side down to 1Gb and the circuit came up with no issue (Both Cisco Genuine). Is there something blatantly obvious that I am missing? I can post sanitized configs from both the CE and PE devices if that would help connect the dots.

TIA



No comments:

Post a Comment