Friday, November 5, 2021

Wired connectivity is going out intermittently on one of our DHCP’s subnet

I apologize in advance if I’m not using the correct terms. Our network admin quit in the middle of an ongoing network issue and he’s got no notes on it so I’m just trying to figure it out. To break it down the best I can - We have a DHCP server with different VLANs and subnets. The DHCP server works as intended and is assigning the right IPs depending on the location and devices. There is one VLAN that is having issues though and it’s the wired one in one of our buildings. It assigns the IPs fine, but then the wired Internet on the device it assigns them randomly goes out and they’ll switch over to wifi. It appears to be completely random. Some days there’s no issues and others there are. Some days my computer is having the issue and the next day it’s someone else. Any suggestions on what I can try? Anything helps. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment