Monday, November 8, 2021

What technicaly hurdles remain to replacing the entire Internet everywhere with one single mesh network? I understand the legal hurdles and the incentives for ISPs to prevent mesh networks from every happening, please teach me about a different problem, like a technical one.

https://blinqnetworks.com/rural-wireless-solutions-in-the-third-world/

The article shows multiple existing successfull implementations (where incumbent ISPs didn't exist to stifle this innovation.)

I am interested in technical comparisons between the Internet as-is today, and various alternatives (if regulators and incumbents were no issue.)

All comments welcome, just please include at least one argument for your answer, or at least one source supporting it. I already found similar questions, with nothing but blind assertions in response.

I want us to teach eachother science :)



No comments:

Post a Comment