Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Velo-Cloud List OSPF Routes vs Show OSPF Route Table

In test and troubleshoot, what is the difference between List OSPF Routes and Show OSPF Route Table?

I have a single VCE device with a connection to two cores on the LAN side but we are setting the LAN interfaces on the VCE (GE1 and GE2) as routed interfaces that route via OSPF to the cores - GE1 has an adjacency with Core-1 and GE2 has an adjacency with Core-2.

When I run List OSPF Routes I see routes to both cores but Core-2 shows it's routes as TRUE and CORE-1 routes as FALSE. But under Show OSPF Route Table I see both core switch IPs listed for routes to each LAN subnet.

And we lose all OSPF connectivity if I shut the VCE interface GE2 going to CORE-2. SHouldn't traffic reroute over GE1 to CORE-1?



No comments:

Post a Comment