Thursday, November 18, 2021

US LTE business internet without data caps?

I have a US branch office with a T1 connection that's being discontinued in the near future. I've inherited a half complete cutover to Verizon business LTE that gets throttled at 150 GB.

We've hit the data cap 3 times in nearly as many months for various reasons. The reasons get addressed, but this is a disaster waiting to happen when the T1 is gone. I'm working on getting a secondary LTE connection (bandaid IMHO) for failover, but that opens up a whole new set of problems relating to failover downtime, DNS record updates, VPN tunnels, VPN clients, etc. The hardware I have is dual SIM, not dual modem. But the root problem is a data cap on the site's primary business connection as far as I'm concerned.

Ideally I'd get a hardwired connection out there but it's going to take time and money, and this ended up on my plate at the 11th hour. Worst case scenario I throttle the connection so we can't possibly exceed the cap again. Improved bandwidth monitoring is on the agenda but I really don't want to babysit this.

Are there any US business LTE internet providers with unlimited data? Should I be looking into satellite (eww)? I wish Starlink was an option... Any advice would be appreciated. The office is in CA. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment