Wednesday, November 24, 2021

SysAd trying to solve a network problem, help!

I've been given a problem to solve and I'm at my wits end for what is snagging. I'll try to describe it as best as possible:

The provided topology is: PC <-> Switch <-> Router <-> Router <-> Router <-> Switch <-> PC

The cabling is correct (all but the Rtr-Rtr conx are ST cables, the R-R are XO).

The IPs appear to be properly set up (one side of the network is 192.168.1.x to the first router, the other side is 192.168.2.x - the routers are internally connected across 10.1.1.x on the one side and 10.2.2.x on the other).

All the ports are enabled on the routers/switches/PCs.

The problem lies within the routers - I can ping from either PC to its own router's interface connecting to the central router (10.1.1.1 or 10.2.2.1), but no further. The central router can ping the router interfaces facing it, but not the outbound interfaces to the 192.168 sides.

I'm at a loss for how to get the data (simple pings at this point) to traverse the central router conx.



No comments:

Post a Comment