Friday, November 5, 2021

Smart TVs, Fire Sticks, Apple TVs etc. on a corporate network

My organization's network uses APs with a EAP-TLS authentication for the company laptops, tablets, and there is a free guest network in some locations that has a splash page where you must agree to the T&Cs before being allowed to go to the Internet.

A group here has come up with a business use case for displaying web pages on large displays 24x7...big dashboards. They are requesting to use Smart TVs, Fire Sticks, or Apple TVs (or something cheap) to constantly display these dashboards. Do these devices typically support Enterprise type of authentication on the Wi-Fi network? I'm not sure if I should be landing these on my corporate network for cybersecurity reasons. How should these things be handled? Do they typically require a Wi-Fi network with a PSK? If that is the case, I might have to set up another SSID just for these devices.



No comments:

Post a Comment