Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Remote office connection troubleshooting

Hi All

I am working for a small company and I have inherited a network configuration from an MSP who had a bit of a run in with the companies CEO. They decided to go internal ( me ) however the MSP are very difficult to get any information out of them.

We have a series of regional offices interconnected via Branch-office VPN running on Watchguard routers. I can no longer access several of the Watchguard routers from head office however the 3CX phone system is still running fine - which is a bit of a mystery. I can't manage the switches to really troubleshoot properly but I am sure the Watchguards are handling the DHCP anyway. .

When I do a tracert to a Watchguard that I can connect to, it goes to out from my local watchguard IP>remote office static ip>remote office watchguard. This office happens to be down the road, but when I tracert to any regional office it gets stopped at 10.XX.XX.XX. Could this be the switch ?

I'm unsure how to get the switches IP address if I cannot access it.

Appreciate the help in advance :)



No comments:

Post a Comment