Thursday, November 25, 2021

Recommendation on an open source syslog server

I need an open source syslog server for my network. And i'm looking for recommendations on what is 'good' in this space.

I need something that is open source (no free trials, nothing free if you have less than x sources etc)

It will be deployed on a service provider network taking in a large number of syslogs messages a day.

I would prefer it be linux based, but i'm open to anything that would work.

I would also prefer that it be user friendly as possible, as i'm going to have users with a variety of technical skills accessing it.

I realize that i've just descripted Solarwinds or any number of paid syslog servers, but i'm hoping there is something out there that will meet the requirements above that I won't need CAPEX dollars for.



No comments:

Post a Comment