Friday, November 12, 2021

Question Regarding Industrial Grade Switches

Good morning all,

I am not sure if anyone on here has ever used products from a vendor called ORing/Rugged Science. I am a network engineer specializing in industrial grade architecture and related devices and I am trying to find information on using third party (Startech) RJ45 SFP 1Gig transceivers with their switches.

Whenever I slot them in, I get link lights but no traffic is flowing between the two devices.. I have used the web GUI to force port speed on the switch but still no dice.

I have used the "secret" command on cisco switches before to allow third party SFP hardware to work and am wondering if there is something similar I can do on the ORing Switches.

I am using an ORing IGPS-9084GP Industrial Grade Switch if that helps.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment