Saturday, November 27, 2021

Problem while Connecting two wifi routers using lan cable.

Hello, I wanted to connect my primary router which is in my bedroom to my secondary router which is in another room. For this purpose what I did was, I connected my primary router to my secondary router with lan cable ( LAN port of primary router to LAN port of secondary router ).

Then I changed the IP of my secondary router to 192.168.1.2 ( it was 192.168.1.1 earlier ). My primary router IP is 192.168.1.1

Then I disabled the DHCP server from my secondary router and change the IP range of my primary router ( So it excludes IP 192.168.1.2 while assigning IP to devices.)

Now, I am able to access internet from my secondary router but there is substantial speed loss. ( Speed test on primary router results - around 105 Mbps Download and upload speed )

While speed test on secondary router results around 48 Mbps Download and upload speed.

So I want to know why there is nearly 50 % loss in speed.

Can I get similar speed in my secondary router.



No comments:

Post a Comment