Saturday, November 27, 2021

NSX LAB misunderstanding of some concepts PLEASE HELP

TOPOLOGY : https://ibb.co/9bFcXK0

Hello Guys, Please this NSX-T will make me crazy, I manage a lab topology based on my understanding in order to do it as real lab and exercise, after doing the lab topology I found that I still have some misunderstanding regarding some pieces, Can you please check my lab topology and questions bellow please.

Please if you can help refer your answer to my topology just to make it clear to me. Also mention the question number, Thank you <3

- Please ignore the management interfaces, it's not yet in the diagram.

1 - In which Step the the NVDS virtual uplinks are mapped to the Physical NIC ? And how to do it ?

2 – What’s the relationship/deference between uplink profile and transport node profile ? And where we are using each of them ?

3 – I know that the Edge node should be connected to all transport zones (Overlay + VLAN) the TZ-Overlay will create a N-VDS in the edge host, right ? But the Edge VM ports will be connected to which segment? App or WEB ?

4 - How to map the Physical ports the Transport + Edge nodes(ESXi) to the NVDS created by NSX ? :(

5 - The TZ-Overlay will transport traffic generated by Web-Segment and App-Segment on Vlan 110 (based on my topology) is that correct ? or every segment should be in deferent vlan (means I should create a TZ for each segment :O ? and add this vlans to the physical switch and make the port between the physical switch and esxi a trunk port ?)

6 - the vlan tagging is done logically on the Transport zone level or Segment level ?

7 - I heard about TEP, should use a vlan for it ? but I should create a separate TZ for the TEP traffics ? a vlan on physical link a dedicated physical port on the ESXi edge and Physical switch ? where this TEP as an interface or tunnel or traffic is sitting

8 - My design is correct ? any suggestions ?

I really appreciate and need your help to proceed with this LAB.



No comments:

Post a Comment