Monday, November 22, 2021

Noob Question for the non-initiated

Our church just bought a new building, and I’m trying to help it get out of the networking Stone Age. My technical background was radars, so I’m familiar with the networking interfaces, but have never really designed a commercial network from the ground up before, so I’m here begging for help.

I need WiFi6/802.11.ax over four access points (MESH is a must). And I need a PoE router that can handle it while being simple enough to be managed from a dashboard. And being a church, I’ll be using a DNS for filtering out adult content. We will be uploading the livestream feed via hardline.

I have found several access points that handle the bandwidth 3600+, but they don’t advertise MESH. Is that something that will be handled by the router? What am I missing here?

Thank in advance. The help is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment