Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Networking Setup question

I wanted to get a sanity check to make sure I am not missing something for a network config.

My ISP put their connection on the outside of my building and all the cat cables are run to a network box on the outside, everything is in a secure box so I am not to worried about someone plugging directly into my gear. There is only one run from the ISP box to the closet where my MX is living and the only place that would be better is outside in the ISP box. This is the only way I could think of with out pulling new cable to get an ethernet run to other rooms.

I have my ISP going to a SG-350 and the port configs are as follows

GE1 Access VLAN2

GE 2 Untagged VLAN2 Tagged VLAN1

GE 3 -10 Access VLAN1

MX68W Port Config

Loop out from GE3 Trunk Untagged VLAN2, Tagged VLAN1

GE2 Access VLAN 2 to Internet IN

GE 4-6 Access VLAN1

Is there anything I should be aware of on a security side of things having a switch on a public facing network? Management is accessible via my LAN. I don't think I am missing anything but always better to check.



No comments:

Post a Comment