Thursday, November 11, 2021

Networking + Linux career tips?

Hi all,

I've moved into networking as a career about half a year ago and things are looking good. I'm currently working in a NOC with prospects of moving to the 2nd line of support soon. I've got my CCNA, JNCIA scheduled at the end of the month and I'm studying select topics from ENCOR as the appear in my work.

I also have a lot of hobbyist experience with Linux and could pass RHCSA within a month if I could carve out and hour or two every day for studying and labbing. I would love to use and expand that knowledge in my work, but, unfortunately, things are heavily siloed in my company. Unix and Wintel people know nothing about the network, we know nothing about their servers (this also means that anything more complicated requires a time consuming bridge call).

In your experience, are there jobs where this particular combination of skills is needed and valued?



No comments:

Post a Comment