Thursday, November 4, 2021

Need some help configuring a VPN using IKEV2 protocol

Hello!

I need some help configuring a VPN. I’m really new to networking / virtual networks so please bear with me.

We have a relatively small network using an Ubiquiti US-24-250W switch and a server running VMs. I want to configure a client using Ikev2 protocol but the authentication fails. This is where I’m at a loss. Our provider reports that on their side of the VPN tunnel the packets are coming with a source IP address of a local client (VM) instead of our global static IP that we provided. Could it be configured a way that the packets are encrypted with the correct IP and routed internally to and from a random client? Or we just give the wrong IP to our provider?
Thanks!
D.



No comments:

Post a Comment