Thursday, November 4, 2021

Need guidance on replacing Cisco SD WAN router (1121x-8p) with another.

Took over a shop that uses Cisco SD-WAN managed through VManage templates. We had a router go south that needs replacing. Can someone please tell me if my plan will work? I was given almost no documentation on their processes so I've managed to pull together these steps from the cisco docs I read through (links below).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/sdwan-xe-gs-book/appendix-vmanage-how-tos.html#replace-xe-device

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/sdwan-xe-gs-book/hardware-and-software-installation.html#c_On_Site_Bootstrap_Process_for_SD_WAN_Devices_12488.xml

1.) Generate bootstrap configuration file from the existing router in vmanage and copy it over to the flash of the new router

2.) Take down old router and invalidate its certificate in Vmanage

3.) Bring up new router and make sure that it loads the configuration from the bootstrap file properly.

4.) Validate the certificate for new router inside Vmanage. At this point I'm thinking it should be manageable by VManage.



No comments:

Post a Comment