Saturday, November 20, 2021

Limited downstream speed in Wifi in university

Hello,

I am a student in a university where the downstream speed in Wifi has been limited on the sites other than those belonging to the university (limited to 0.4 Mbps). The upload speed is very good (40 Mbps).

On the fixed stations of the school no throttling is applied (40 Mbps down and up).

This is a handicap to work in the school, especially since the 4g networks do not cross the walls...

I tried several things without success:

- Use a VPN -> doesn't work debit bridged

- Connect with different ports to 80 & 8080 (http), 443,...

- Use a proxy

- Change DNS server

- Change IP address

If I connect to the school Wifi, I have an IP address starting with 10.33.169.xxx, on a fixed station I have an address in 10.33.1.xxx.

In wifi I'm on a subnet however I can ping the addresses 10.33.1.xxx. But I can't put a fixed Lan ip address in 10.33.1.xxx.

I wonder if you have solutions to suggest me. Some tracks to explore...

Thanks !



No comments:

Post a Comment